Yesterday NuckingFuts Mama challenged me (ok..ok..asked me to play along) to write a 10 things list that was inspired by a "you will certainly die a horrid death if you don't respond" email. Well, we don't want to wish death by shark attack so we are playing as a game..no death threats attached.
I'm going to do Top 10 a la David Letterman
10) Shopping. I love it, it makes me really, really happy. Happy like call some on on A&E because I am surely to be on their next pet reality project. I don't wreck the budget shopping, but when I can I love, love, love it. Here's my crazy: I love shopping at Nordstrom's for an expensive pair of shoes BUT I also love running to Target and picking up 13 T-shirts or beach towels or cleaning products. I'm calling a therapist as I type
9) Sleeping Kids. I love the feeling of the breathe when the kids are asleep. That makes me happy! There is something abut seeing my 1YO's butt sticking up in the air that is pretty awesome. Checking in on my 6 YO with American girl doll clinched gets me every time = pure joy
8) Running. Running makes me giddy. I yearn for time to go and spend time doing nothing but getting my run on! I am also a major pilates junkie and over all gym rat. I have a lot going on in my head..A LOT that is the cluster Fuck that is AWM. The only thing that turns off all of the work shenanigan, the 400 things that aren't complete, the 200 things left to do in the day is to run until there is not a thought in my head. I know exactly what mile clicks me in to zombie brain and that makes me really happy!
7) Surprises. Hello Happy! OK not the dog took a crap in my Miu Miu's but a genuine surprise. A card in the mail...a sweet craft from the kiddo, flowers at the office, doing the dishes (did you hear that one honey I do appreciate that). I love surprises!
6) Girlfriends. When you feel like hell..when you feel like life is going to implode girlfriends make me very happy. From a girls night out to a phone call. From sharing a great day to taking a phone call when you are at your lowest girlfriends rock!
5) Gardening. Through a curve ball at you there, didn't I. OK, so what I have a hoe and I like to get dirty, really, really dirty (couldn't resist). Landscaping makes me happy! Not the heavy lifting, but the pretty part. I love a cascading petunia, what can I say! Hydrangeas make me happy!
4) Laughing kids. What is about a laughing kids? Maybe it's the ridiculous, uncontrollable laughter. A tickle fight, a silly game..I just can't get over the smile that pops on my face!
3)Security. That feeling of just being settled makes me happy. There is nothing better than being able to lay your head down and sleep. That peace rather it be relationship, financially, or work being settled is priceless and makes me very happy. I feel like the stars align and this actually happens about twice a year. Those 2 days a year I am super, super happy!
2) THE BEACH!!! Every time I see coast line I turn back into a 10 year old little girl. Nothing makes me happier (except #1) when my toes hit the sand. It's magic..that squishy feeling of the sand between your toes puts a HUGE smile on my face! An umbrella drink doesn't hurt either!
And the #1 thing that makes AngryworkingMom happy is.....
1) Going to the bathroom alone.
Check out Fucking Nuts Mama's list http://mama2point0.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/ten-things-that-make-me-happy/